These soft, chewy, rich, gingery molasses cookies are the perfect treat for a long, cold winters night. Our Signature Ginger Sugar enhances the normal molasses cookie flavor with a warm ginger note without being hot. Because our ginger sugar is made with turbinado sugar these cookies also have a satisfying crunch that makes their soft texture just that much more delicious.
These cookies are kind of addictive, it is hard to eat just one! We are sure Santa, himself would approve.
If you are looking for a new Christmas cookie to try this year, this is it!
Gingery Molasses Cookies
Our Signature Ginger Sugar enhances the normal molasses cookie flavor with a warm ginger note without being hot.
- ¾ cup butter softened
- ¾ cup Signature Ginger Sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup sugar for rolling
- Cream butter, Signature Ginger Sugar, and brown sugar together, until well combined. The mixture will be grainy, do not over-mix as you do NOT want to crush the ginger sugar crystals.
- Add in molasses and egg, and mix just until well combined.
- Sift dry ingredients together in a separate bowl, and slowly incorporate into the wet ingredients.
- Chill dough for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll dough into about 1″ balls, and then roll in sugar.
- Place 2″ apart on the baking sheet, and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until tops have cracked and the cookies are set.