We love hummus at our house. This is a very simple recipe that only takes about 5 minutes to prepare. You can prepare dried garbanzo beans if you like but we have found that the canned beans work just as well and it take a lot less time. (We can usually find organic garbanzo beans for about a dollar a can which makes this tasty recipe economical as well.)
This recipe features our Smoked Garlic Powder which adds a new dimension of flavor. Our son wouldn’t eat hummus before, but we added the Smoked Garlic Powder and like magic, he loves it! We also tried this without the tahini and we have to tell you it really does add something.
Yes it is magic hummus – you see our son would not touch hummus or anything like it until he finally tasted this recipe – that is when the magic happened. The next day he asked if he could have carrot sticks and hummus packed in his school lunch – MAGIC indeed!!
- 1 16 oz. Can Garbanzo Beans** 1 cup
- 2 TBS Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Signature Smoked Garlic Powder
- ¾ tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Tbs Tahini
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- Drain but do not rinse beans.
- Put beans, lemon juice, salt, garlic powder, cumin and tahini into the bowl of a food processor.
- Blend beans and seasonings until a smooth texture develops. While food processor is still running add in olive oil – blend until the desired texture is reached. You can add more olive oil if so desired.