Want to impress? How about the worlds simplest pudding recipe.
Any of our finely ground sugars makes a fabulously tasty and smooth homemade pudding. We have tried Dark Cocoa, Chipotle Chocolate, Cinnamon Chocolate, Lavender, Cinnamon, Cinnamon Vanilla and Smoked Brown Sugar in this recipe. ALL. WERE. DELICIOUS.
This recipe makes a great pudding/pie filling. If you fold in whipped cream, you can have a fluffy flavored treat as well.
- 1 cup Signature Finely Ground Sugar of your choice
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk (whole milk if you have it)
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons butter
For Lavender, Star Anise, Coconut, Cinnamon or Espresso Pudding add in:
- 8 oz. White chocolate chips The white chocolate chips are optional but we recommend white chocolate chips for pudding made with any of our non-chocolate sugars.
For a smoky butterscotch pudding swap the following for flavored sugar:
- 1 cup Smoked Brown Sugar For butterscotch pudding, replace flavored sugar with Signature Smoked Brown Sugar and do NOT use any white chocolate chips.
- Whisk sugar, cornstarch, and salt together in medium saucepan.
- Add milk and egg yolks, whisk to combine.
- Bring to boil over medium heat just until boiling, whisking or stirring constantly.
- Continue to cook until thick (like pudding) remove from heat and stir in butter and white chocolate chips until melted - this may take a few minutes.
- Pour into bowl or other container and lay plastic wrap across the surface, being sure it is touching the surface (to prevent a skin from forming).
- Place in refrigerator for several hours, or until chilled.
- Once chilled you can remove the plastic wrap and just use the container's lid to cover.