This quick, sweet, crunchy granola features our Pumped Up Pumpkin Pie Spice. It is a winner with kids and adults.
We cannot claim this recipe as our own (we did change the amount of spice used) but you can see the original recipe HERE at Lovely Little Kitchen.
Pumpkin Pie Spice Granola
- 1 Cup Raw Almonds or Pecans Divided
- 3 Cups Old fashioned oats
- ½ tsp Salt
- ⅓ Cup Brown sugar
- ½ Cup Sunflower seeds
- 1 TBS Signature Pumped Up Pumpkin Pie Spice (Heaping TBS)
- ⅓ Cup Honey or Maple Syrup
- 3 TBS Coconut Oil
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor or blender, pulse half of the almonds until they are very finely chopped. Pour them into a large bowl. Then chop the other half of the almonds coarsely, and pour them into the same bowl.
- Pour the oats, salt, brown sugar, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin pie spice into the bowl with the almonds and stir to combine.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, combine honey and coconut oil, and heat for 40 seconds. Stir to dissolve the coconut oil, and add the vanilla extract.
- Pour the honey mixture over the oats, and stir so that they are evenly coated.
- Pour the oats evenly onto a Silpat or parchment lined baking sheet (helpful if it has sides).
- Bake the oats for 5 minutes, and then stir them around. Return to the oven for 5-7 more minutes. Watch closely so it won’t burn. (Ours seemed to take a more than 2 times in the oven to get dry enough to handle — but do watch as it can become too dark very quickly.)
- Pour the granola and onto a piece of wax paper to cool. Spread it out into a thin layer, about 1/4 inch thick.
- After it cools completely, break the granola into clusters and store in an airtight container.