Pumpkin Crinkle Cookies
- 2 Cups All-purpose flour Up to 2 1/4 C flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- 2 tsp Signature Pumped Up Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 C firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ C granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- ½ C pumpkin puree not pie filling
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbs unsalted butter melted and cooled
- ⅔ C granulated sugar for rolling
- ⅓ C Signature Pumped Up Pumpkin Pie Spice Sugar (for rolling)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter and set aside to cool.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the brown sugar, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, eggs, pumpkin and vanilla until smooth. Add the butter and whisk until combined – then fold in the flour mixture until no dry ingredients remain visible – do not over-mix Let dough rest for 10 minutes (Can also be refrigerated until you are ready to continue).
- Place the 2/3 cup granulated sugar in a shallow bowl and place the Pumped Up Pumpkin Pie Spice Sugar in a separate shallow bowl.
- Using a small cookie scoop, drop 1 heaping scoop (appriozimately 1 tablespoon) of cookie dough directly into the bowl with the granulated sugar. The dough will be very soft so. Scoop some of the granulated sugar over the dough and roll it around the bowl until coated. Place the sugared dough ball in the palm of your hand and gently roll the dough around until it forms a ball. Place the ball of cookie dough in the Pumpkin Pie sugar and roll it around to coat. Place the dough balls on baking sheets, at least 2-inches apart.
- Bake for 14 minutes or until the cookies are puffy and cracks have formed. The cookies will still be soft and look a little uncooked in the cracks. Allow the cookies to cool then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.